Getting accents into Squeak

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Mon Oct 1 05:04:21 UTC 2001

Torge Husfeldt <jean-jacques.gelee at gmx.de> wrote:
	The other solution I saw
	was the Sun-keyboards wich use a dedicated combine-key.

The Sun model 3 keyboard doesn't have it.
On the "English" Sun keyboards that do, it is labelled "Compose".
The first time I saw such a thing was on DEC terminals; I have always
thought that's where it came from.
In the X Window System the compose key is regarded as obsolete; it took
me _ages_ to track down a list of which keys to use to get what character.
These days you are supposed to use 'input methods' instead, but at least
on this Solaris 2.8 box I have not been about to track down any information
about them.