Ridiculous Price of Squeak Books (was Re: Computerchannel.de: Squeak 3.0 tested)

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 1 17:26:37 UTC 2001

>If anyone needs tutorials that a 9- or 10-year-old could understand, it's me.
>I can't afford the ridiculous price of the Squeak (Smalltalk...) books, and
>from what I read on this list, that's the only way to ever figure it out.

For what it's worth, the chapters at
http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/squeakbook are essentially the same (minus
formatting and some detail editing by Prentice-Hall's editors) as the
NuBlue book.  The bound book is lovely (yay, Ian!) and is worth its
price, in my opinion, but the CONTENT is available without a
"ridiculous price."  Noel Rappin's chapter is a fine intro to Squeak.

Mark

Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu