[updates] Last updates for 3.1alpha

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Wed Oct 3 05:02:30 UTC 2001

Folks -

As promised, we have cut off alpha updates to 3.1.  The last update gives you the choice of heading into a stable berth with 3.1beta, or continuing on into bluer skies with 3.2alpha.

Here are last updates that got in under the wire....

	- Dan
--------------------
4399PaneColors -- Joshua Gargus -- 2 October 2001
Update:			4398
Changes the background of browsers, change-sorters, etc. from white to a veryMuchLighter version of their border color.  I think this looks prettier, without compromising the legibility of a light background.

4400SUnit-Preload

4401SUnit-Core

4402SUnit-UI

4403SUnit-Tests

4404AcornFileDirFix

4405stepIntoBlockFix-hg -- Henrik Gedenryd -- 2 October 2001
The menu and shortcut ('T', versus 't' for Step) for 'Step into block' were left orphaned when stepIntoBlock was renamed."

4406BlobFix-ccn -- Chris Norton -- 28 August 2001
This covers up a bug with BlobMorph and the new Objects viewer.  In my opinion, the bug I'm covering up just obscures an example of how class variables should not be used.  However, I decided to slap a band-aid on this one, rather than to re-implement BlobMorphs!"

4407deoptimize-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 2 October 2001
An 'optimization' in update 4393StringMorphOptimize-nk broke at least some prominent uses of UpdatingStringMorph, including the Viewers and Watchers so central to etoys.  This update takes the old pre-optimized StringMorph version of #contents: and places it in UpdatingStringMorph, leaving Ned's optimized version intact up in StringMorph."

4408FixPaneColors-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 2 October 2001
Fixes the lighter pane colors introduced by CS 4399 to work correctly. The CS had changed all the panes independently which had implications for any sub-pane dividers not showing the right colors. Besides ... why change all the panes individually if we can just change the color of the entire damn system window, eh?!"

4409TextLinkFeedback-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 26 September 2001
Add cursor feedback when we're moving over a textlink that can be clicked on."

4410CelesteTimeZoneFix-ajh -- Anthony Hannan -- 2 October 2001
Fixes parsing of time zone offset so emails get sorted correctly, by their prime meridian time"

4411Squeak3-1NowBeta -- Dan Ingalls -- 2 October 2001
This is the last update for version 3.1 alpha.  In its postscript is an executable statement that will set the version forward either to 3.1beta (in order to receive final fixes for 3.1) or to 3.2alpha (in order to continue receiving interesting but risky enhancements.