Harvesting process (was: Re: [updates] 51 for 3.1 alpha)

Torge Husfeldt jean-jacques.gelee at gmx.de
Wed Oct 3 12:04:07 UTC 2001

Dear Harvesters, Hi Daniel,
I tought I just drop in oe or two thoughts on this subject:

Firstly I thought _becoming_ a Harvester don't seem so hard to do, it's
the work itself that is the hard part (and thanks for that). So if you
Celeste folk are really that interested in your stuff (and it seems to
evolve very neatly) then why can't you just assign the job of a special
'Celeste-Harvester' to someone?! I think this is much more feasible in
the near future than a dedicated repository (i may be wrong).

Secondly _please_please_please_ spare us (the list) with all of the
comments why this_and_that code snippet was not included in the update
stream. I think the solution with the wiki-page is better than nothing
and _much_ better than the additional 'noise' on the list.

Just my 2cents