Warning for OS X users.

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Wed Oct 3 19:02:46 UTC 2001

Is there a better way?  That is, in the old days, the Squeak VM would
accept any kind of file- didn't have to be an STim/FAST to accept a D&D.
I understand that the point of having a type/creator for Squeak image
files is that they're double clickable; couldn't this be done through the
internet->file-association control panel, similar to the way Mac OS
handles .zip and .sit files downloaded in a browser that weren't given the
proper MIME-type?

I wrote a little app for Squeak/mac that fixes types with a config file,
as files transfered between PC->Mac on the Novell server here lost their
types, and had to be fixed.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
  "the end of the human race will be that it will eventually
      die of civilization. "                          :: r. w. emerson