veryDeepCopy

Jim Benson jb at speed.net
Thu Oct 4 02:37:30 UTC 2001

Ok, I got lost. I want to add a class instance variable to the class Model.
So far so good.

Next, I try to file out the associated changeset. Problem.

In DeepCopier>>checkBasicClasses I get the following message:

'Player|copyUniClass and DeepCopier|mapUniClasses are out of date'.

checkBasicClasses specifically checks to make sure that Model has no class
instance variables.

So here's my question.

What am I supposed to do to make this work correctly?

I've never quite understood the myriad of copy methods copy, deepCopy,
veryDeepCopy, veryDeepCopyWith, veryDeepCopyWithACherryOnTop, etc. Is there
somewhere that someone has talked about this, and which to use under any
particular set of circumstances?

I've attached the offending changeset.

Thanks,

Jim