[BUG] '3 + 4' crashes Squeak ...

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at home.com
Thu Oct 4 04:55:39 UTC 2001

Hi,

    This still happens with 3.2Alpha4418.

    ' ifFalse: [thisContext sender release]. ' is in Process>>terminate.

    Where should I put a 'self halt.' to debug this problem ?

    I tried to put 'self halt.' at the beginning of Process>>terminate, as
soon as the change is accepted, I get a bunch of 'Halt' walkbacks one on top
of the others.

    All I can do with these is to move the top to reveal the one beneath.

    How do I suppose to debug this ? Is it reproducible anywhere or it's
just me and my machine ?

    Thanks for your help.

    Cheers.

    PhiHo.

Process>>terminate
 "Stop the process that the receiver represents forever."

 | context |
 Processor activeProcess == self
  ifTrue:
   [thisContext unwindTo: nil.
   thisContext sender == nil ifFalse:
    [thisContext sender release].        "Crash here!"
   thisContext removeSelf suspend]
  ifFalse:
   [myList == nil
    ifFalse:
     [myList remove: self ifAbsent: [].
     myList _ nil].
   context _ suspendedContext.
   suspendedContext _ nil.
   context == nil ifFalse: [context unwindTo: nil].
   (context ~~ nil and: [context sender ~~ nil])
    ifTrue: [context sender release]]