Cheap unix handheld

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at san.rr.com
Thu Oct 4 19:29:56 UTC 2001

Actually, at exobox I got Squeak 2.8 to run on QNX in a couple of hours just
by building the standard UNIX distribution, because we got a request from an
OEM for such a build.  It didn't have sound though, and used their X server.
The changes were minor.

A true port to QNX using Photon and their sound system (it's some standard
thing IIRC, but not what Squeak currently uses (Alsa?)) would not be hard at
all.

-- Duane