[ENH] More profile-based optimiztion 3% on macroBenchmark2

Scott A Crosby crosby at qwes.math.cmu.edu
Fri Oct 5 20:14:30 UTC 2001

This give about 3% more on macroBenchmark2 by optimizing two conversions.

Another 3% or so is possible in TMethod>>statementsListsForInlining, the
sequential ifTrue's instead of some sort of switch statement are a bit
costly. By reordering the cases and using nested condtitionals, a couple
percent can be gained. [*]

IMHO, that is not worth it. that would make it less clear, and its code
that is seldom run.

Scott

[*] run this under my profiler changeset to see what I mean.

--
No DVD movie will ever enter the public domain, nor will any CD. The last CD
and the last DVD will have moldered away decades before they leave copyright.