[ANN] Squeak RB release (and various issues)

danielv at netvision.net.il danielv at netvision.net.il
Sat Oct 6 17:36:27 UTC 2001

> > If you're filing into a clean image, you should file in all the files
> > found in the addons page (including the ), then the model, then the UI.
>
>     Is this another game ? Are you thinking of a number ;-)
>
>     Seriously, where is the addons page and what should be included ?
Sorry about that... Please browse
http://squeak.heeg.de:8080/L18S79Z97UH71DS9LVLFUCFBZ81FDQG-4, and the
pages around it. The url represents a SCAN Item, a groups of files, that
has addons the RB requires. Each url with a gnarly id string like that
represents another group of files (the others happen to have just one
file each).

If you go to http://squeak.heeg.de:8080/TFODC69UQ0MFRIHMG40DRML1CU7VYZ9,
which is the main RB release page, you'll see all the versions of it
listed, and at the right, the required and component items.

So most of the time, to load a complete set of files, go to the addons
page, which is the only required item for the RB, and get all the files,
and file them, in. Then go to each of the component pages RB Model V.4,
RB UI V.5 and RB Tests V.2, get the files from each, and load them in
order.

Don't try this now, because as you found out, this version doesn't load
clean. Now back to your problem -

I see. This class (and to subclasses) got renamed in the version, so the
class names for the method definitions were changed. Apparently, the
RBUI has no note at all of these classes.

At the risk of being repetitive, changesets are important but we need
proper modules. In Ginsu, for example, it is very clear whether this
class is defined in this module or is an extension. Probably in Henriks
modularity work too, but I count myself among the confused by how he
treats extensions.

And the modules should be able to tell you when they're broken, like in
this case.

Anyway, as a quick fix -
You have a class TemporarySelectorEnvironmentBrowser (with two
subclasses). Rename them, lopping off the "Temporary". Try to file in
again.

Please let me know if you get any more trouble, or it works for you.

Longer term - I will release a fixed version, and test the files better.

Daniel