[BUG][FIX]FontPlugin glyphs for CRs (was: Re: accented font support in Squeak)

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Sat Oct 6 22:57:23 UTC 2001

Andreas,

Thanks for the FontPlugin! I really like the additional choice of fonts it
brings to Squeaking. With your fix, also German Umlaute work. However, there
seems to be a problem with special characters. I typed some text in a
Workspace and Squeak shows a glyph when I type CR or TAB. I tried it with MS
Sans Serif and Verdana. (Strange enough they show different glyphs.)

It looks like the primitive returns glyphs for these special characters. The
attached ChangeSet tries to fix this. However, I would appreciate if someone
checked that this is a correct fix. I am not sure what widths those empty
glyphs should have.

Cheers
Bernhard Pieber