Squeak-dev digest, Vol 1 #175 - 40 msgs

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Mon Oct 8 05:33:35 UTC 2001

Jeroen,

First of all please do *NOT* quote an entire digest for asking this kind of
question. You just sent a 150k message to roughly 1000 people - which
accounts for 150 MEGABYTE of traffic you generated for no reason whatsoever.

What you're getting here is a digested version of everything that's going on
at the Squeak mailing list. Since nobody can foresee what you might consider
interesting and what not, it is your sole responsibility to filter out what
you think might be important. That's what the "delete" button in your email
client is for. Hoping that you'll "get only interesting mails" is somewhat
ridiculous - did you ever find any mailing list, newspaper, online-magazine,
tv channel where you got only the interesting stuff?! If you ever do, let me
know.

BTW, the message about hotels proved to be useful for various people in
preparation of Oopsla. Henriks message was an accident (as you would've
noticed when reading his next message). Sometimes this information is of
interested and a large conference (be that OOPSLA or SIGGRAPH) always
creates some messages on various lists. If you don't like it ... make good
use of your "delete" button.

Cheers,
  - Andreas