[Goodie] QuizMorph

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 06:18:07 UTC 2001

Lyn A Headley wrote:

> I wrote this Morph to play with Squeak and also to quiz me on my
> german vocabulary.  It's a Flashcard type application which presents a
> list of cards with a question and an answer, sorted by difficulty.  If
> you master one of the cards you can decrease its difficulty and
> thereby send it to the back.  If you repeatedly miss one, you can
> increase its difficulty and send it to the front.  The Morph comes
> with a tutorial which comes up when you do QuizMorph new openInWorld.
>
> comments appreciated.

Lyn

you are psychic! I'd just loaded about 30 .java files in order to build
a freinds multiple choice quiz over a network application. Essentially,
the issues with it are that it uses an Access database and the jsdk2.1,
so it's not that portable. I'm going to try and build it so it'll run on
Squeak and MySQL.

But I'd thought that there must be an easier way for those who don't
need the network stuff (and don't have the space/time/energy to install
MySQL). Looks like you've gone a long way toward providing that!

It's not the approach I'd have taken (the flashcard metaphor, although
it's probably better than the text in boxes, press button for the right
answer approach I'd have used) but in the 5 minutes I've played with it,
it seems to work just fine.

Thanks!

Cheers

John
--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep