[graybeards] Simple Simula Example?

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Tue Oct 9 19:17:39 UTC 2001

Dan and folks --

To be a really historical example, it should be in Simula I.

There was a book written jointly by Dahl, Hoare, and (I think)
Dykstra about software engineering. In think it was from the mid 70s.
Dahl's paper had some good modeling examples in Simula 67 (which I
think was the first Simula that they realized they could use for data
modeling).

Cheers,

Alan

-------