how to disable sound?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 10 00:01:27 UTC 2001

> Once VMs built with modules external are common, simply deleting the
> SoundPlugin would stop this. If you're building your own VMs anyway, try
> just removing the SoundPlugin from the build (I tihnk in theold
> fashioned src release that means editing some ugly file called PLUGINS

I haven't tried, but I think you need to go after sqNamedPrims.h.
Delete all the lines that mention SoundPlugin.  It's not a pleasant way.
:|

By the way, it would solve this problem, as well, if Linux had a null
sound device.  Sort of like /dev/null, but for sound.  :)  Ah well, I
don't think the standard kernel sources have one.

-Lex