A Swiki question

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 12:10:06 UTC 2001

I read the Swiki help guide, but still came away not knowing what to do.

I've a couple of things to upload, but they're in conventional web
server style format (naturally enough -- they were on a conventional web
server!). Just the usual stuff, a couple of folders, each with an
index.html, one with a link from index.html and loads of gifs.

Of course, in this format, the *folder* is the page name......

I'm sure the Swiki way of doing things is actually easier, but it
confuses the hell out of me!

Can't I just ftp the stuff up? Port 80? 8080? Please.... pretty please?

I'd just play with Comanche until I got the right response, but with a
feeble dialup connection, that's going to be expensive.

Cheers

John

--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep