[OT]Going to OOPSLA...

Donald MacQueen dmacq at erols.com
Wed Oct 10 12:37:20 UTC 2001

goran,

I live just 3 miles from the Pentagon, and work just 1 mile
from it, so I have thought about this recently. From what I know,
it is difficult to do a large chemical or biological attack,
because many of the compounds are not persistent, must be
a certain droplet size, are dangerous to handle, etc.

I think you could easily attack a subway station, as those
morons did in Japan, and you would certainly create panic,
but you're not gonna kill ten or a hundred thousand people.

Setting off a tactical nuke by the White House is a different
story, but I will be gone in the blast wave, so I don't worry
about it too much.

Having said that, I doubt OOPSLA is what the military calls
a "high value target", so I am going anyway. See you there.

Donald

--
Donald

Donald M. MacQueen