{bad habits] Squeak for Windows - Ctrl instead of Alt key

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Oct 10 17:33:35 UTC 2001

I think the ideal situation would be to have a single Preference which lets you swap all Ctrl and Alt bindings.  (Hopefully this wouldn't be too messy to do at the image level... I haven't looked into it.)

There are actually quite a few bindings that would then match Windows conventions, including cut/copy/paste (ctrl-x -c -v), undo (ctrl-z), find and find again (ctrl-f -g), and save/accept (ctrl-s), and maybe others.

Of course this preference would be turned off by default, so that people would know what they are getting into when they turned on the preference.  (You'd have to keep in mind that your bindings are swapped when reading documentation about bindings.)

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com