A stupid newbie question (bundling>

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Wed Oct 10 18:58:30 UTC 2001

>Hi,
>	According to Apple's website, the following docs cover this idea
>for MacOS9 and MacOSX.
>
>overview http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn2003.html
>macos9 http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1188.html
>macosX
>http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/CoreFoundation/BundleServices/Bundle_Services/index.html
>http://gemma.apple.com/techpubs/macosx/Essentials/SystemOverview/Bundles/iBundles.html
>
>Off the top of my head one might be able to do this by hand
>and not require any VM changes.
>
>Cheers
>
>bruce

Bruce. In fact you might need a VM change. If you are hunting for the
image, changes or source then at times an assumption is made about
the name of those files, and their location. If you didn't double
click or drag and drop an image then we assume we'll find
squeak.image in the same directory as the VM. However there is
confusion at this point about where the image is in relation to the
top root of the folder structure and the location of executable.

Also if you just create a file/directory in the default location,
then it doesn't quite go where you think it should go. IE hidden the
in executable subfolder.

These are solveable, but I've not had much feedback if anyone wants
to do bundling under OS-9.