{bad habits] Squeak for Windows - Ctrl instead of Alt key

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 12:08:46 UTC 2001

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl wrote:

> 2. Wasn't the design of the red yellow and blue buttons not just the
> solution for platform (mouse) independency?

I *think* all mice were red, yellow and blue, once upon a time. Then
some folk started bodging together OSs which could only handle two mice
buttons and the rot set in. I think it's a tragedy: using the middle
(yellow) button to copy and paste is a real time saver.

As to the Alt & Ctrl keypress debate, I'm actually happy enough with it
as it is. While I've no objection  to some swap around appearing as a
preference, I'd like Squeak, by default, to operate the same on all OSs.

Cheers

John

--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep