[BUG] [FIX?] StringMorph>>contents: doesn't self changed

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Oct 12 17:25:05 UTC 2001

The contents: method of StringMorph no longer does self changed,
though it does self fitContents.  The self changed was removed on
3/15/2001 12:22 by nk, who I'm guessing is you.

This was obviously deliberate, but it means that if the contents
change but there size does not the area is not invalidated, and the
new contents do not get displayed.  I'm seeing this behavior now in a
subclass of StringMorph.

Should I put self changed in my higher level call (as perhaps was done
for other things in StringMorph), or should self changed go back in
the method?

I note that on 5/18/2001 ar removed self changed from the
implementation of fitContents.