I'm a beginner who has never used Squeak. Please Help.

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Sat Oct 13 16:20:19 UTC 2001

Tamika --

This is an interesting project, in that -- at least as you describe
it -- almost all of it can be done by direct construction and just
using the "etoys" authoring that we teach to children. I would
suggest doing it this way, even though there is a level of complexity
that will eventually require you to move from the "etoys" to the more
extensive capabilities of the "expert levels of Squeak".

I will sketch out how to do this over the weekend and send the "hints
and tutorial" to you on Monday.

Cheers,

Alan