code from Besset book

Tom Morgan tmorgan at acm.org
Sat Oct 13 20:59:55 UTC 2001

Here's an old one, from May.

Before I go patching the code from Didier Besset's book to get it to run
in Squeak, has this been sorted out already?

Thanks for any info

    ...Tom M

"David N. Smith \(IBM\)" <dnsmith at w...> wrote:
 > Helge:
 >
 > I used the Filing IBM Applications into Squeak to get the code
'ported'. There were a few things, like differences in exception
handling on Float computations, and differences in detecting IEEE Float
problems, and I passed the code back to Didier to look at. I haven't
heard since, but have a query in to him.

 > I'll post any useful reply.
 >
 > Dave
 >

 > At 2:51 +0200 5/15/01, Helge Horch wrote:
 > >At 20:38 14.05.2001 +0200, Heiko Schaefer wrote:
 > >>Did anyone make the code from Besset's book
 > >>
 > >>'Object Oriented Implementation of Numerical Methods'
 > >>
 > >>Squeak-compatible? Its for Visual Age.
 > >
 > >I seem to recall Stephane writing that someone (David N. Smith?)
ported most if not all of it.  I recommend asking Didier (didier at i...)
about it.

 > >In the meantime, you might try the "Filing IBM Smalltalk Applications
into Squeak" item at <http://www.dnsmith.com/squeak/index.html> and see
if it helps.  Haven't tried it myself yet, though.

<snip>