Assorted philosophy points briefly answered (in fact now: Base64 code)

Maarten Maartensz maartens at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 14 21:48:47 UTC 2001

John Hinsley wrote:

>Message: 7
>Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 14:18:56 +0100
>From: John Hinsley <jhinsley at telinco.co.uk>
>To: squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: Assorted philosophy points briefly answered

>Maarten

>Thanks for the philosphical notes.

>But what I'd like to know is whether you've sorted the .cs.gz problem.

>Cheers

>John

Well, I DID reply you off-list - believing this list is mostly and mainly
for developing Squeak -
and the brief answer is that meanwhile - indeed 3 hours after complaining
about the Base64 problem - I got mail from david.newman at stellent.com, who
helps develop QuickView Plus, and who told me it is a known bug for which
there will be a fix (in a month or so).

Hence: As long as there is no Base64-encoded stuff in the Squeak-digest I
don't expect a problem with it, and it is save to assume meanwhile that
Base64 + vanilla Windows98 may lead to problems.

Thanks for your help.

--

Regards,

Maarten Maartensz.
Website in Amsterdam about philosophy, logic, M.E. (Myalgic
Encephalomyelitis) and much more:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~maartens/