[BUG] CodeHolder>>changeCategory

Bijan Parsia bparsia at email.unc.edu
Mon Oct 15 16:35:54 UTC 2001

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Scott Wallace wrote:

[snip nice explanation]

Thanks Scott...I wasn't aware of all the issues, even though, if I thought
about it, I should have suspected reorganize, which I've always found a
bit annoying in its lack of granularity....

...and it may be interesting, but my *first* thought was that someone had
ripped out the reorganization change recording *everywhere*, so I started
looking for #classify:under: to put in the postscript :)

I think the right solution is exactly what you indicated, and maybe I'll
take a stab at it :)

Thanks again! That was a really helpful response.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.

P.S., now, it would be *really really* fab if this explanation could be
linked into the appropriate methods...it's *such* a good comment (and
isn't somewhat misleading as the terse inline comment is).

In general, this sort of free floating, cross-sectional discussion isn't
*really* well supported with the current tools, although, with the
hyperlink stuff, some infrastructure is there. A set of "design issues"
and/or "extended niggles" and/or "helpful advice" with their own browser
and a reverse lookup of the methods/classes they mention might do the
trick. (I.e., if a method appears in one of these documents, there's some
indication in the method pane (a blob of some sort) that you can click on
to jump to the document. This would be great for one's own use too!)