{bad habits] Squeak for Windows - Ctrl instead of Alt key

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Oct 15 20:17:59 UTC 2001

> Let me just add another contrary data point: I *regularly* screw up copy
> and paste when working with Squeak on Windows. I had to force myself to
> get used to Windows evil ctrl thingy, and I'm *constantly* going ctrl-v,
> ctrl-c, etc. in Squeak. Worse when I'm trying to go between Squeak and
> another program.

Well, that's surprising, but I can't argue with it.  Still, what do you
really suggest?  I rather like that Squeak behaves the same everywhere.
It's already a nuisance that mouse buttons are different on different
machines, and I'd really prefer that we don't add to the short list.

I guess we could have a VM preference for it, but really, *all* VM's
should then have the preference, to accomodate people who are used to a
different platform.  It's a little unsatisfying, too, that people might
have to *configure* Squeak when they sit down at a new box, even if it's
just for a few minutes.  Probably this is the ultimate solution...  but
it's not pretty.

-Lex