StandardFileMenu for finding directories?

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Mon Oct 15 19:45:28 UTC 2001

Tim Rowledge wrote:

> I'd like to make it possible to have the VMMakerTool give you the option
> to browse for the proper directories for the platform sources and so on.
> It looks like StandardFileMenu can almost do it, but not quite. Ideas on
> what to do to about it would be welcomed.

I'm not quite sure what you want...
I've used

result _ StandardFileMenu oldFile.
result ifNil: [^ self].
fullName _ result directory pathName, FileDirectory slash, result name.
self openFileNamed: fullName.

And that worked to set a filepath and open a file.

A nicer interface could be using

result _ (FileList2 modalFileSelectorForSuffixes: #('mp3' 'mpg' 'mpeg')) .
result ifNil: [^ self].
self openFileNamed: (result fullName).

Karl