How to learn Squeak

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 16 06:52:24 UTC 2001

> > 	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak
> >
> I did check out this swiki, but it was down, then I went to my
> bookmarks-swiki.

Yeah, it was down, but it's back now.  It's a really strange problem --
all networking will suddenly become so slow that typical web browsers
will time out.  Yet there's no load, and ping's remain fast.  I think
on-console access is fast as well, so it's just networking....  It's
sitting beside a few other identical Linux boxes running Swikis with
nearly identical settings, and it's the only one having this trouble.

> Just for building experience in using a swiki I store my
> webbroswer-bookmarks in a swiki with personal topic pages.

I love swikis for this, and not just for bookmarks.  I have a Swiki with
all kinds of notes!

Regarding "myswiki", you'll probably have to ask Mark Guzdial.  I've
never heard of GPM!

-Lex