I'm a beginner who has never used Squeak. Please Help.

G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl G.J.Tielemans at dinkel.utwente.nl
Wed Oct 17 10:54:55 UTC 2001

Alan,

In the Tamika tutorial on http://squeakland.org:8080/super/200
you refer to recent Squeakland tutorials.
You use a normal(read: elegant eToy) Swiki.
Are you shifting away from the build-in tutorials of Squeakland
in favor of democratic swiki-editing? (please say yes..)

In that case it is maybe interesting for the Swiki-people
to create a form for a swiki-tutorial-page:

- On the left side a scrollable swiki-textbox with pictures
- On the right a Squeak-plugin-field
- locking of the page must stay possible for the tutorial creator
- delivering comments in the tutorial by users should be easy
- someone should handle these comments and collect on an attached(?) Q&A
page
- On the help page a button to create a tutorialpage.
 (like new on the survey-page of Jochen)

Another format example could be your active essay.
(a textbox with the possibilty to paste more the one project screen
on the right. (I saw several years ago an example at MIT:
A living book of the game of life. reading the story the game of life
boxes on the right became more and more complex under the hood,
but did not distract the reader.)