opening a ChangeList or FileContentsBrowser on a stream?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 18 15:57:14 UTC 2001

Mike Rutenberg <mdrs at akasta.com> wrote:
> I have a string which contains a change set.  I would like to open a
> ChangeList or FileContentsBrowser on it, though it looks like both of
> those classes operate only on files.  Anyone know a good way of doing
> this?

"File it in" from the second page of the yellow-button menu will load it
into the *current* changeset.  So you can create a new changeset,
highlight the code, and then do file-it-in.  This will *load* the code,
not just look at it.

Other than that, you can save it to a file and then open in it FileList.

Of course, this is a programming system, so I'm sure you could do a copy
(alt-c), and then write a line of code that opens a browser.  Oh, except
actually, FileContentsBrowser seems to expect a file!  I actually fixed
this for some custom code I'm using.  Considering that modules should be
here any time now, I'm not sure it's worthwhile to fix up
FileContentsBrowser a whole lot, though....

-Lex