Sound under OS-X

Eric Scharff Eric.Scharff at Colorado.EDU
Wed Oct 24 04:13:41 UTC 2001

Just some followup about Squeak sound in OS X.

I cobbled together a new Carbon VM using VMMaker.  After a bit of testing,
I found that I was able to get sound recording to work!

The only caveat is that it only seems to record in stereo.  The primitive
Toolbox call that was setting mono recording returns an error.

So there is certainly hope for getting sound recording working for Mac OS
X.  I'll play a bit more and see if I can get recording working
completely.

-Eric