Trouble Getting adjusted to Smalltalk

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Oct 24 09:22:26 UTC 2001

Hi!

Alan Mortensen <mortea at alum.rpi.edu> wrote:
[SNIP]
> Oh another newbie observation, I've noticed most methods have a lot
> fewer arguments than in Java or C++.  From what I understand that's a
> good goal for object oriented design, is that it or is there another
> Smalltalkish reason?

Well, I think it is just a natural consequence of Smalltalk being much
more fine grained and also much more OO. There just is no reason to send
a lot of stuff around as arguments and when there is you just probably
need one more kind of object keeping that stuff together where it
belongs.

regards, Göran