Unary - Binary message

Gary McGovern garywork at lineone.net
Wed Oct 24 22:08:38 UTC 2001

Hello,
I'd like to ask a serious question without being pelted with rotten tomatoes. I've been trying to write an unary message to increment an integer (++ but don't tell anyone :-)).

But this won't work, I think because ++ is meant to be a binary selector. I'm missing a bit info. Can someone give me a short explanation on why I can't use this. I've managed the method with other words OK.

Also, I'm working through the Guzdial first book, is there a Swiki page that holds questions and answers for the book ?

Thanks!
Regrads,
Gary