If and When I start deploying

Peter Crowther peter.crowther at networkinference.com
Thu Oct 25 23:06:31 UTC 2001

> From: compufriend [mailto:compufriend at freemail.absa.co.za]
> If and When I start deploying, is there a way that I will be
> able to create
> a distribution package in the form of a selfextracting exe
> for M$ apps?

The simplest approach is to package the two files you really need to
distribute (the virtual machine and the image; if you want to be evil, you
can leave out the sources and changes files) along with a small shortcut or
batch file that runs 'squeak.exe <imagefile>'.

At one point, there was a scheme that allowed the VM to wrap an image; all
you'd then have to distribute would be a single file.  I believe this
currently works on the Mac, but I've not heard anything on Windows for some
time.  Anyone know the current status?

		- Peter