Debian and SqueakL revisited again...(was Re: Debian source package)

Henrik Gedenryd Henrik.Gedenryd at lucs.lu.se
Fri Oct 26 17:06:45 UTC 2001

Lex Spoon wrote:

> 3. Fonts re-agreement.  Since we can replace the fonts, I'd rather we

These are my 2 cents:

I've summarized the font licensing situation at:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/fontsAndLicenses

In short, it says that the bitmap fonts copyright was an issue when Squeak-L
was written, but it is no longer so, since legal cases have ruled that
bitmap fonts cannot be copyrighted. I.e. neither Apple nor anyone else can
copyright a bitmap font.

Thus the font parts of the license are no longer an issue, but of course we
could still replace them anyway to be "sure sure".

Henrik,
still NAL