[ENH][SF] VMMaker platforms tree now imported to SourceForge.net

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 26 22:39:09 UTC 2001

Martin McClure <martin at hand2mouse.com> is widely believed to have written:

> Okay, it looks like removing the file and then re-adding it with the
> execute permission set does the right thing. I used these commands to
> make a script executable in a small test repository:
>
> mv script foo
> cvs rm script
> cvs commit -m "Temporarily removed script while making it executable."
> mv foo script
> chmod +x script
> cvs add script
> cvs commit -m "Re-added the newly-executable script."
OK, I managed to finally make this happen (something must be wrong
somewhere in the cycle, since I kept not getting a return prompt frm
SF in my shell after doing various cvs commands. <ctl-C> got it back,
but ghu only knows what that causes) BUT after doing a clean checkout
(empty directory) the permissions are gone again :-(.
The SF logs seem to show a successful removla/replacement.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione = I'm
not interested in your dopey religious cult.