Computer Music Implementation Class

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Oct 31 00:29:56 UTC 2001

At the Squeak BOF at OOPSLA, I was asked to re-send the URL for the
Computer Music Implementation class that I've been teaching with
Squeak and Active Essays.  The class Swiki is at
http://swiki.cc.gatech.edu:8080/compMusic

The Active Essays are linked off the front page.  You might also take
a look at some of the students' turnins and project presentations.
There are some really interesting projects there:
- A couple interesting instruments, e.g., a nice trombone slide, a tuba.
- Some neat synthesis algorithms: Waveshaping (couple), granular synthesis.
- Some nice effects implementations, such as a flanger effect.

Mark
Associate Professor - Learning Sciences & Technologies.
Collaborative Software Lab - http://coweb.cc.gatech.edu/csl/
(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu