where are the latest plugin sources?

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Wed Oct 31 03:21:35 UTC 2001

Thanks all and sorry for the terminological inexactitudes.

Michael Rueger wrote:

> John Hinsley wrote:
>
> > won't allow a red button menu to be produced.
>
> It's disabled.

¡¡¡*&^poPol&&££$!!! I guess there must be a reason, but this looks (and
feels!) like a huge step backwards.

  Try cmd-shift-w :-)

Thanks! This works -- at least with the stuff on Jochen's Swiki as
Squeakland project. (Squeakland looks to be down.)

So I can now save projects to my local disk.  I can tell: they're there
and try to load. But I run into weird messages like:

reading an instance of SwikiControls: which modern class should it
translate to?

(which makes some kind of sense since it came from a Swiki, but I'm
damned if I know the answer) or even

reading an instance of StateButtonMorph:

(likewise....) and this doesn't IIRC only apply to the stuff on Jochen's
Swiki.

Looks to me like this stuff isn't useable by kids off line which
probably means non-rich kids at home or kids in the undeveloped world at
any time. Doesn't this devalue the plug-in as easy interface model, or
am I missing something?

Cheers

John

--
If you don't care about your data, like file systems which automagically
destroy themselves and have money to burn on 3rd party tools to keep