Confusing tutorials

compufriend compufriend at freemail.absa.co.za
Wed Oct 31 14:02:54 UTC 2001

Goodday all,
Thank you for all your help so far!  I have to say, of all tutorials so far,
the most accurate and helpful of all would have to be John Maloney's
'BankAccount tutorial'. When and were something was supposed to happen, it
did and he explained why. Now I'm even able to follow how to make head or
tail of the little Debug Window that pops up with MessageNotUnderstood.
Thanx John.
Problem: Dan Shafer's Counter tutorial works up to Step 6. I opened all the
relevent script viewers. I created a script1 tile for the increment button.
I opened the viewer for CounterDisplay and saw the green and purple arrow in
question (which reads as a line:    CounterDisplay's counterValue
'greenarrow 3)
The tutorial sais as follows:" Now, click and drag the purple and green
arrow in the instance variable area and drag into the scripting tile window
you just created. Keep going until you see a small green rectangle appear in
the bottom of the script window. This indicates the first line of the script
is ready to accept what you're dragging in. Just drop the scripting tile.
Your script should expand and you should see a copy of the tiles indicating
that CounterDisplay's counterValue is 2 (or whatever value yours started
life with)."
Drag as I like, no green rectangle appears nowhere.
I've hovered the mouse and tile over every inch of the Script1 window and
even tried dropping it inside the Script1 window.
Help anyone please.
Thanx
Compufriend