[newbie] Keybindins

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Oct 31 16:48:20 UTC 2001

Philip Knodle wrote:

> Is it possible to change the key bindings that the browser (and the
> package-browser) use?
> I looked at how the different TextMorph's deal with key events, and I
> was just confused.
> I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place.

Yes, you can change the key bindings.  I just tweaked the "Keyboard Shortcuts and Bindings" section of the Squeak FAQ so that it explains how to do this better.  See the FAQ at http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/471

Basically, you need to edit the ParagraphEditor class>>initializeCmdKeyShortcuts method and related methods.

- Doug Way
  dway at riskmetrics.com