External Libs (was Re: libcurl?!)

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Wed Oct 31 18:09:45 UTC 2001

> But FFI was removed from the Squeak distribution by SqC who
> feel that it's a
> security hole and would be a problem for their network
> distribution of active
> content.

What's your point?  Just because its not in the SqC distribution doesn't
mean it can't be used.  Hopefully we'll have a more comprehensive
approach to security in the future so that this won't be an issue.
Until then, we could have several different distributions that have
different objectives.  For instance, SqC might produce bundles that are
intended for use with active content from the web, where security would
be a higher priority.

- Stephen