Help with error needed

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 03:23:59 UTC 2001

> Gary McGovern wrote:
>
> Hello,
> While using a line morph specified as  <----> following the menu items
> fill style >
> gradient fill
>
> I got a red rectangle with a yellow x in the middle. I don't know how
> to get rid of this red rectangle because I can't get a halo up for it.
> Any tips ?

I can't reproduce this: I get the debugger with Error: Error: Cannot
Install Color. If I abandon the debugger I get the red rectangle (and
the halos) so I can kill the morph. But it does look like something
wierd is going on there.

What release/changeset are you using?

> Also from the new Morph menu I selected TransformationB2Morph. As a
> result I got the Dialog box that reads
>
> Error: Error: subscript is out of bounds: 1
> Then I get a red rectangle with the yellow cross in the middle.

Yup. On this one (and on BOBTransformationMorph) I can't get the halos
up. 3.1a 4282.

> Then, through the new menu I selected TransformationMorph and Squeak
> just seized up.

It doesn't do that to me. I get the same results as with
BOBTransformationMorph. That is, the Morph appears, but I can't get
halos.

It looks like a bug has crept in with the latest changeset.

Really, I think you should re-submit as [bug] whatever.

Cheers

John

--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: