load code updates question

John Hinsley jhinsley at telinco.co.uk
Sat Sep 1 09:48:20 UTC 2001

Timothy Reaves wrote:

>         O.K., I realize I'm new to Squeak, but this is just odd.  I am having
> problems with the "load code updates" option (see so titled e-mail to
> list).  Being a person to try everything, for the hell of it, I tried
> again, and this time, instead of "Squeak Public Updates", I tried
> "European Squeak Updates", and that worked.  What gives?
>
>         Are these two not the same?  I had assumed that they were, with one being
> in the US, and the other for European users.

Well, the contents are the same......

My guess is that either your connection was a bit iffy or that one of
the servers was either overloaded or doing a Fidel at the time. It
happens.

That particular error message, or at least, resolverMutex is, I think,
used in some way by NetNameResolver, so that may indicate the problem
(maybe the name of the server has changed since your last update or
there was some kind of DNS error).

Cheers

John
--
Can't cope anymore? Desperate for help?
Join the 12 step program for those who yearn to give up Microsoft: