Saving The World.

Andreas Raab Andreas.Raab at gmx.de
Tue Sep 4 07:28:14 UTC 2001

Alan,

> Yeah, I went and downloaded all 8M of the win 95 version hoping that I
> could compile it with B TC++ 4.5 under Win 3.11... No deal. =\

Nope. You'll have an *extremely* hard time making this work. Squeak really
wants a 32bit flat address space and you won't get this unless you're using
the worst of all Win32 flavours - I had been using Win32s before I ran into
Squeak and realizing the pain associated with it I decided not even to try
porting Squeak to any Win 3.1 versions. AFAIK, there has never been a
working version of Squeak on any Windows prior Win95 (there's a DOS version
still out there running on some extender - you may want to look into this).

Cheers,
  - Andreas