JPEG Compression?

John.Maloney at disney.com John.Maloney at disney.com
Wed Sep 5 22:11:45 UTC 2001

Squeak has a nice JPEG decoder written some years ago, by Tim Olsen, I believe.
This code was recently accelerated using primitives written by Andreas Raab, so
it is now reasonably fast. However, we do not have--as far as I know--any code
that does JPEG-compression.

Thus, I thought I'd ask:

  1. Does anyone have some Smalltalk JPEG decompression code that they
      could contribute to Squeak?
  2. If not, would anyone care to write such code?

I have an application that need to re-scale JPEG's on the fly. Thus, it need to
both decompress and re-compress JPEG images.

Many thanks...

	-- John