[updates] 10 more for 3.1 alpha
Dan at SqueakLand.org
Thu Sep 6 05:33:43 UTC 2001
[my apologies -- I neglected the [updates] tag in previous message header]
These latest updates include an attempt to rescue Hans-Martin's great BetterDebugger work from an earlier file ordering problem.
It seems to fix the problem. Would someone who is feeling perky and who knows the new features, please give it a test?
4316ColorPickerFeedback-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 4 September 2001
Add a little indicator for the current color to the color picker. Similar to the color picker in the painting system."
4317PlayerDeepCopy-tk -- Ted Kaehler -- 4 September 2001
When the user instance variables of a Player are veryDeepCopied, what do we do? Default is veryDeepCopy. For a Player, costume of a Player, or morph:
If the morph is in the dictionary (in the subtree), veryDeepCopy it. (Make a sibling instance of any Player.) If not, just point at the original.
Another fix: Players created by vector arithmetic are not installed in the world. Use append: if you want the result to show in the world."
4318StkFldName-tk -- Ted Kaehler -- 4 September 2001
When a background field was added to a stack, it usually has the same name as an existing field, 'text'. Previously, the new field kept its name, and all existing fields were renamed. This caused trouble! This fix sorts the fields by whether they have a cardPlayer and processes the new one last. The new one is renamed. [This is probably the stack bug we have been seeking for a year. Dan found the symptoms.]"
4319GuzdialFixes-mg-tk -- Mark Guzdial & Ted Kaehler -- 4 September 2001
WaveEditor's controls had an error that caused the menu control to be left out. A user could not get the FFT or other items. This restores it. (from file WaveEditor-addControls.st)
Define asColor for InfiniteForm. (from file InfiniteForm-asColor.st)
In the fileList, yellow-button click on an .mdl file gave you a menu option to add the model as an actor in an existing Wonderland (if one is open in the current World), or, to open a Wonderland and stuff the actor into it. (from file mdl-loading-mg.cs=)
A fix [by Ted]: Players created by vector arithmetic are not installed in the world. Use append: if you want the result to show in the world.
A fix [by Ted]: Steps toward letting WonderlandActors be veryDeepCopied correctly."
4320PlayerSibCopy-tk -- Ted Kaehler -- 5 September 2001
Fix a bug in 4317PlayerDeepCopy. UnscriptedPlayers are like Morphs and Players, they should be copied weakly when they appear in the inst vars of a Player."
4321prettyDiffs-sw -- Scott Wallace -- 5 September 2001
Resolves conflicts and establishes consistency between the #diffsWithPrettyPrint Preference and the ability of any code pane to show *any* source mode, including either kind of diffs.
CLARIFICATION: The 'diffsWithPrettyPrint' preference governs what the *default* diffing mode should be. Thus, ChangeList & Versions browsers will open up showing regular diffing or pretty-diffing, depending on the setting of the preference.
And when the diffing mode of any code tool is turned on by the cmd-shift-D shortcut (issued when the cursor is over the selector-list-pane), the kind of diffing instituted will be the one specified by the Preference.
But none of this interferes with the user's ability to show any kind of diffing, or any other form of source-code representation, in any given window."
4322BetterDebugger -- Hans-Martin Mosner <hmm at heeg.de> -- 18 July 2001
Modifies the Parser and Debugger to enhance the debugging experience:
1. Debugger inspector panes are updated on every step.
2. PC highlighting is improved for loops, blocks, variable assignments.
3. Fast step method executes the message using perform:, not by simulation.
4. Exceptions caught within stepped methods are properly displayed in the debugger.
5. nonlocal returns are caught.
Report any unusual behavior (aka bugs) to me."
4323BetterDebugger2 -- Hans-Martin Mosner <hmm at heeg.de> -- 28 July 2001
Fixes related to #mustBeBoolean handling:
1. the sending context is rewound to the jump instruction causing the #mustBeBoolean. This enables the second fix, and avoids a stack inconsistency when proceeding from the exception.
2. #ifTrue:ifFalse, #whileTrue:, #whileFalse: and #to:do: handling is modified to include the PC of the jump instruction, so that the debugger shows the correct source position.
This change set requires my earlier BetterDebugger stuff, of course."
4324BetterDebugger3 -- Hans-Martin Mosner <hmm at heeg.de> -- 29 July 2001
Some more additions to the debugger:
1. Support for stepping into blocks (thanks to Henrik Gedenryd)
2. A NonBooleanReceiver exception
3. Balloon help for the debugger buttons
4. A problem with handling exceptions in the debugger was fixed (when you stepped into the exception handling code, and then did a step which executed the #signal method, it would open a separate notifier)
Handling of #mustBeBoolean in code being debugged is still a bit rough...
More information about the Squeak-dev