My mistake (was RE: [VM] [CRASH] Close button in ALL halos is crashing.)

Scott A Crosby crosby at qwes.math.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 7 03:24:49 UTC 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Andreas Raab wrote:

> This might be a sound problem. When you hit the close button the system

Yep.. Thanks.. I wonder if there's a way to get it to open the sound
device non-blocking, so there are no more 'amusing' surprises like that.
Its fixed now.

BTW, why is it that clicking close from the halo does try to make a sound,
yet the same operation from the window close button doesn't.

Thanks... I knew I should have tested it in an strace, which would have
identified that that syscall was to blame.

Scott