Simulator design question

david at aminal.com david at aminal.com
Fri Sep 7 17:33:37 UTC 2001

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 09:59:34AM -0400, Stephan B. Wessels wrote:
> Well,
>
> It sounds like you are building a Network of Nodes... (hint hint)
>
> As Ned suggested you could use a class variable, or maybe another
> instance to hold the network itself with that instance having network
> specific behavior.  As each node gets created it could get added to the
> Network instance and have a unique access mechanism within that network.
>
> Just some ideas...
>
> Have fun!
>
>   - Steve

The nudges are appreciated :-)

The Ultimate Goal is to be able to unhook the node code from the simulation
and connect it to a real network - so I'm finding myself spending a lot of
time thinking about how to avoid dead ends where the node code is too tightly
coupled to the simulation code.

I think I've got enough clues now that I can finally actually try writing
some code. Amazing! Actually writing code instead of daydreaming, thought
it would never happen :-)

David Schutt