Is there a SWIG module for Squeak?

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Fri Sep 7 20:52:33 UTC 2001

Isn't apicall: just the PASCAL calling convention?  I remember when MS
changed all of the code from the C calling convention to the PASCAL
calling convention...I think it shrunk the code size by a pretty
significant amount.  Or maybe it was a performance benefit...can't
recall.

It doesn't seem that apicall: should necessarily be tied to any specific
OS however (even though other OSes might not make any use of it).  It
should be possible to make libraries on non-Windows (and Mac) OSes that
use apicall: no?  Similarly, you can (and frequently do) make libraries
that are cdecl: on Windows.

- Stephen