unix squeak vm bugs

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Sep 7 20:38:19 UTC 2001

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 07:42:46PM -0600, Matthew McNaughton wrote:
> Hi, I'm new to squeak, so of course I've done some irrational things that
> only a newbie would do, and so I've found some bugs. Some of them are with
> implementations of the VM on unix (I'm using Solaris 2.8 on a Sun Ultra
> 10, and sometimes OpenBSD 2.9 on a PC), some of them are with the image,
> for some of them I've found fixes, for some of them I haven't yet. For
> none of them have I found any mention of anyone having these problems
> before. Or else I'm not looking in the right places.
>
> Who/where should I send descriptions/patches to?

Terrific!

You can simply post them here if you want.  Put [FIX] in the subject
line (and possible [UNIX] and [VM] as well).  Also, you can email
them directly to Ian Piumarta (Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr).

Since Ian is a busy guy, I collect patches on another page for people
who are impatient (or who are getting seriously bit by some bug):

	http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~lex/squeak/

You should probably check there before you assume something hasn't been
fixed.

By the way, all this info is on the "Downloading for Unix" page on the
Swiki...  :)

-Lex